Wednesday, November 2, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Hobbies


The only real hobbies I remember as a child were reading and collecting stuffed animals.  I couldn’t get enough of mysteries and so Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew were my hobbies.

I also enjoyed paying stuffed animals with my best friend Kristin.  She and I would play for hours, sometimes weeks planning elaborate weddings and other events.

In Minneapolis, we’d found this stuffed animal factory called, “Lemon Bears.”  They were cute, interesting and washable, so this began our Lemon Bear collections.

I almost wish I could go back and give up stuffed animals earlier and start genealogy earlier.  Interview my great grandparents, etc.  And not ever start all the other hobbies I have now that take up so much of my time (knitting, scrapbooking, soapmaking, etc.).

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for lemon bear animals ever since my dog ate my last lemon bear teddy bear in 1992. Where do you find them these days? I'm still looking. Becky

    ReplyDelete