Saturday, December 31, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Politics

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History:  Politics

Neither of my parents were particularly political growing up, but they did teach me to believe what I want to and to stand by it.  And to do my research.  

When I was sixteen, my dad voted by mail.  He told me that if I researched every ballot issue and presented my vote to him with clear reasoning, he would vote how I wanted.  I researched for weeks, even going to meet congressional candidates and current state representatives.  I gave my views to Dad at the kitchen table (where all important family business goes down).  He argued/questioned me on a few, but all in all agreed with my conclusions and, as far as I know, voted my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment