Saturday, December 31, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Historical Events

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History:  Historical Events

The first real historical event that I remember was Watergate.  I had no clue what it was but tried to hard to understand.  A hotel.  Named “Watergate”.  Did it have a mote?  Was there a true gate of water around it?  The President lied.  From what I’d heard Dad saying, all politicians lie, so why was this part important?  Because he got caught?  None of this logic worked on me.

Next up that I really remember were the yellow ribbons tied everywhere for the Iran hostages.  I also didn’t understand that.  Why did they have hostages?  What was the point?  And Reagan getting shot.  He was fine.  Why was it a big deal?

Then there was the earthquake, 9/11,  and all the things since.

No comments:

Post a Comment