Sunday, October 31, 2010

Abraham Lincoln and Chickasaw County

In honor of attending the Google workshop with Lisa Louise Cooke yesterday, I scoped out some Google things beforehand yesterday morning. Since I was confirming my notes on Hannemann, I decided to use him as an example. And I found this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=oIQUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA429&lpg=PA429&dq=%22Henry+konst%22&source=bl&ots=oqfB7oRVqn&sig=4Tr3fVwHb06qqkxQ1AP2iaZu8KY&hl=en&ei=-iXMTNPOG4eusAPvn5T4Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Henry%20konst%22&f=false


It’s the History of Chickasaw and Howard Counties, Iowa, Volume 2 by Robert Herd Fairbairn. And there is a section for my third great grandfather who married the Hannemann daughter. It talks about how in his first Presidential election, he voted for Abraham Lincoln even though he’s a democrat. He was a saloon owner, but wouldn’t take money from those who he knew needed it for their families. It lists the farms he owned and the sections of them.

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment