Saturday, February 5, 2011

When is it done?

I've been diligently working on a book about the Mariani family.  I even was done enough with part of it to change it to a two book set so that I could be done with one book.  I decided to do a book on the Ranch and then later a book on the family.  I was nearly DONE! 

T     H     I     S close. 

I scanned pictures, had the words all layed out in the right format, proofread it, editied it and all that was left was inserting a few more pictures that I scanned at Mom's last night.

But then I went to the seminar today and learned about land records and court records.  And came home and did some more research, got some more clues on the history of the ranch before the Marianis and now I want that in the book.  How can I not give the history of the land if I don't give the full history of the land?

So I'm not done. More research to do.  And I was so very close to hitting publish on Lulu...

So very close...

As a fun teaser, though, here is a picture I scanned.  I used to play on this in the field of the 370 acre ranch I grew up on.  I'm not sure you can see it, but the seat says, "S. Mariani" and the side says, "S. Mariani & Sons Hardware."  This was the delivery wagon for their hardware stores in San Francisco.  I think this is going to be the cover of the book about the ranch, as it ties the two things together perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment