Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Playing Favorites

Lack of updates due to two simultaneous writing projects that I can't seem to finish.  I just today decided to drop one (for now) and just focus on the other and do it with the information I have RIGHT NOW.  No getting to a part I don't know and spending 3 days researching and then finding other things that make me have to look up other things, etc. etc. etc.

So I should have that project done by April 1.  That's my personal goal, anyway.  I'll send to print April 1.  And then I can start the next.  The caveat is that next weekend, I will be checking out some probate records which could add new info.  But my promise to myself is that I ONLY ADD WHAT I FIND IN THE PROBATE RECORDS.  I don't then use that for more researching.  Until after the 2nd project is done.  Then I will research away.

At some point, you just gotta be done enough.

So back to this entry- Playing Favorites.  There is a lot of talk in the blogosphere about favorite ancestors and yes, I definately play favorites.  I already told you about my great, great grandfather, William Mason Conner. 

I also have Laura Wilkinson as a favorite.  She is a favorite because I found her all by myself.  She was the first that I didn't have given to me by other family researchers.

And my many times great grandfathers Edward Doty and William Brewster were favorites for opposite reasons.  One was very, very good.  The other was very, very bad.  Their commonalities are that they both came on the Mayflower and they both connected me to very, very wonderful cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment