Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday's Obituary - William Mason Conner

WILLIAM MASON CONNER
Conner -- William Mason Conner, son of Thomas and Janet Mason Conner was born in Scotland on January 29, 1871 and passed away at Lucas County Memorial Hospital on March 28, 1970 having reached the age of 99 years, one month and 27 days.
He came to America as an infant with his parents. On May 24, 1890 he was united in marriage to Harriet Price and to this union were born six children of whom 3 survive. They are Miles of Sioux Falls, So. Dak; Orval of Sebastopol, Calif., and Lawrence of Roseville, Calif. Also to morn his passing are ten grandchildren, 23 great grandchildren, four great great grandchildren and a host of friends.
His home was in Iowa except for the 13 years he and his wife lived on a homestead in South Dakota. He has resided the past ten years at the O'Donnell Nursing Home in Russell.
Services were held March 28, 1970 at the Woodman and Brueggemana Chapel with the Rev. William Quick officiating. Internment was in the Russell Cemetery.

-----
And here is a picture of him with one of his children ("Orval"- actually Thomas Orville, my great grandfather who I knew very well), one of his grandchildren (my grandfather- still living, age 91), one of his great grandchildren (my dad), and one of his great, great grandchildren (me!).


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I live the 5 generation photo. Everyone in my direct line died before I was born, with the exception of my mother's parents who lived in another state. They both passed when I was 7 years old. There is so much history...and promise of the future in that one photo.

    ReplyDelete