Sunday, February 12, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy: Week 6- Family Heirlooms


Week 6 – Family Heirlooms: For which family heirloom are you most thankful? How did you acquire this treasure and what does it mean to you and your family?

I’m not 100% sure this is an heirloom, since it’s only as old as me and broken, but I do treasure it.  When I was a little girl, my dad carved this wooden doll for me.  It got broken through the years (although her mod-‘60s hair has remained untouched), but I’ve always treasured her and she sits right here at my desk where I can see her.

Carved Doll (next to lipstick for scale)


***
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and others to discuss resources in the genealogy community including websites, applications, libraries, archives, genealogical societies and more. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.

No comments:

Post a Comment