Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent Calendar – December 18- Christmas Stockings

The stocking that I have is the stocking that my mom made for me when I was a little girl. It’s GYNORMOUS. When my then boyfriend now husband spent his first Christmas with us, we got him a stocking. But just a normal one. So the next year, my mom made him his stocking. Also GYNORMOUS. When my children were born, she made stockings for them. So here are our heirloom stockings, all hung by the chimney with care (the middle one is the dog's and his isn't homemade):



Stockings are always filled with fun little things. As children it was small toys and candy (always a lifesaver story book and chocolate coins). As we grew older, it was fun small things like perfume and makeup. Sometimes Santa puts useful items like a coffee mug or an ornament for the adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment