Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Advent Calendar - December 22 – Christmas and Deceased

Our family never visited cemeteries or made shines to our lost family members, but I think we honored them in our own ways on holidays. We try to keep the traditions alive and try to keep together. I think the loss of my grandmother was the most hard-hit one for all of us, since she was so young. It's her traditions that we kept up and her children, grandchildren and now, great grandchildren, that we keep together. My cousins and I are still close-knit and while we don't spend holidays together any longer, we do it during other times and we think of each other during the holidays, I know.

Grandma would like this more than a visit to her grave. I'm pretty sure. Although, just to be safe, I'd better make a trip soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment