Friday, September 28, 2012

Family Recipe Friday Tuna and Mandarin Orange Soufflé with Red Onion Slices



My “Aunt” Vera (she wasn’t really an aunt, but more like a family fixture) used to make the most delicious foods.  She’d cook for days and hours and plan for weeks and years and make the best food ever. 

Except I seriously can’t believe that the recipe my dad asked me to find for him was her “Tuna, Red Onion, and Orange Salad.”  He said that he used to love it.  Since I hate seafood, I am not a big fan of even the IDEA of this salad, but I went ahead and asked Mom if she remembered it. 

Mom said, “The only tuna thing I remember Vera making was a tuna soufflé that had mandarin orange slices in it.”  Oh dear lord.  If that doesn’t even sound grosser, I don’t know what would.

Thankfully, she didn’t have the recipe so I don’t have to type it here for you.

You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment