Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Signa!



Dear Signa,

Today you turn one decade old.  I think back to my tenth birthday and think of my family.  When I was ten we lived in Platina in the middle of nowhere and so my birthday was with just a few friends and my family.  Just as your tenth birthday will feature just your family and dinner at Hana Japan(a).

I hope when you are 45 years old and you remember your tenth birthday that you remember me and Daddy and Will and how much we love you.  You are a wonderful little girl with beauty and brains.  You never cease to amaze everyone around you with how much you smile and how much you love. 

I was a Daddy’s girl when I was little (even big!) and you are the same exact way.  You are just like Daddy and you two do everything together.  You would think that I would get jealous, but I don’t even a little as I love your Daddy even more than you do and so I totally understand.  Plus, it is  a really beautiful thing to watch and remember being that same way with my dad.

You are doing so well with your school work and are really working hard at everything you do: karate, swimming, guitar, art.  I love watching how much you love each of your classes and projects.  4-H starts this week and you are the Sergeant at Arms this year.  I can’t wait to hear you yell at everyone to shush!

I don’t know what age ten will bring for you, Bunches of Oats, but whatever it is, I will do everything I can to make sure it is a wonderful year for you.  Everything except move your brother out of the state.

I love you.
-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment