Friday, October 19, 2012

Funeral Card Friday- Dad

Front:


Back:

I wrote this poem for Dad's funeral card. I searched the internet for something appropriate and couldn't find anything so knew I had to figure something out.  A friend from my local genealogical society loves poetry and so I channeled her energy and tried my hand.  Each line is directly related to a memory or memories of Dad.  He loved the stars, the color blue, cats, fishing.  He loved his friends, made trouble, had enemies.  He was an amazing person and a wonderful dad.  So this poem was for him.  Oh, and he called me, "Shorty."

 

4 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful poem, hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poem in memory of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you wondered if this poem would count for the Poetry Challenge. It most certainly does. You did a wonderful job of painting a verbal portrait of your Dad. This was my favorite
    poem in this year's Challenge. Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete