Saturday, November 13, 2010

Treasure Home FOUND!!!

To update you on my treasure hunt from Thursday...

http://mmgenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/11/treasure-chest-thursday.html

here is the email I just sent off:

You have no idea how thrilled I am to have a home for this wonderful book. I will take it to be shipped either today or Monday. No need to send postage as the joy I have right now is payment galore! There are so many wonderful things in there- many pictures of your father and his brothers and your grandmother. Many pictures had fallen out of the album and were put in the front when I found it. I thought many times of trying to match up to the spots they went to inside, but I'll leave that to you.

I have had this book for over 15 years- possibly 20 now. I know that if there were a book like this for my family, I would treasure it, so I've done that for you these past decades. Now it will be in the right hands and for that I am so very happy. My one sad thing is that I hadn't got it out of the box again before now and that the people inside are gone. I did try now and then, but it's been about 10 years since I last unwrapped it. And for that I am sorry. Hopefully, wherever they are, the "Cain boys" will be looking at it over your shoulders and get some joy out of it!

I thank you so much for the history. They have meant a lot to me and I had to make up a lot of it in my own head! I wasn't too far off the mark, but for them, my story had to stop in 1944, since I didn't know if they made it home or not. I am glad to hear that their stories continued.

Please enjoy and know that you have made me very happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment