Monday, June 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Fame

Week #20 – Fame Week 20. Fame. Tell us about any local brushes with fame.

I am very behind in my 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History.  And it’s all because of the Fame week, as I had to get to the garage to get to the box that had the magazine that had the picture of me in my 15 minutes of fame.  So without further ado, here is me.  In all my glory.  Carving pumpkins with my friend Charlie (upper left corner tiny picture…).  Sunset Magazine, October 1976.  Page 108.

I was actually in another magazine in the 1980s in an ad for the salon I worked at, but I can’t find it and decided not to hold up this process.  I will say that this photo was also at the movie theater in an ad before the shows started.  The only people who ever recognized me from it were two kids in college who came up to me while I was studying in the cafeteria and asked if that was me.  So there.  My 15 minutes is over and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment