Tuesday, June 28, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History Songs

The day I was born, the #1 song on the American charts was The Association’s WINDY.  I can honestly say that I don’t remember listening to that song.  I know it and I’ve heard it a billion times, but my parents rarely had music on and when they did, it was the Doors or the like.

My formative years were spent listening to punk music.  I still do.  It’s just part of who we are.  Our kids listen to it, too, although my husband is more of a techno punk guy  than garage, so they have more of that influence since they spend their days with him.

But we also spend much time with the Beatles in this household.  We all agree that the Beatles work for all of us and so we play them frequently.  The kids are particularly fond of Yellow Submarine (doing all the voices and acting out the movie).

But Windy?  I don’t think that’s on our iPods…

No comments:

Post a Comment